Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"Living Trust"

So we flew into San Jose today. Doing a CBS/CNET forum in the morning. Anyway, we got to our hotel and upon entering our room saw that it was dirty and had not been cleaned or attended to. We just put our luggage up and I went to the front desk with intentions to just get fresh sheets and new towels. They were mortified about the mix up, and had us wait a minute. After a few minutes a manager came over to me and introduced himself, apologized profusely, and said he was 'upgrading' us to a King Suite with a jacuzzi for the 'trouble'. Phhhttt! Wasn't no trouble for us buddy, but THANKS for the upgrade! We went to our new room and settled in. I of course took my stack of books, Nook, and newspaper and promptly put the jacuzzi to use while Sloan went and worked out.

We got ready to head out for dinner and as we made our way to the elevator I noticed the banquet room had a function going on. The sign said "Living Trust" seminar. Hmmm. I read that sign, stepped into the elevator and God spoke to my heart...."If you live IN trust, you'll have wealth when you die." I was like 'WOW'. Anyone who knows us Churmans well, knows that we wholeheartedly 'live in trust'. It's how we've gotten through so much as a family and as individuals. For me, at this time, in this moment.......that was confirmation. Confirmation that all this traveling, shuffling the girls around to family, all these interviews, peeks into what we consider a seemingly 'private life', all the e-mails, the phone calls......it's all worth it. We've stepped out in faith so much over the last few years. With our decision to move to China for a year, with getting pregnant with Olivia in China, with our home birth with Elise, with Sloan in the job industry, with this hearing implant, with so many things. (those are just the top ones). We have solely lived in trust. In HIS trust. Knowing that God will provide us a path and the means to stay on that path. I'll not ramble on and on any more.....but God is really working something in me with this 'Living Trust' thing. And by the way, when I say 'wealth when we die' I don't mean money or material things. More to come on that later.

I've got so much going on, I'm not sure if I'm coming or going anymore. I may have already mentioned it, but my next 'adventure' will be heading back to NYC. (Yay!) The reality cable show called NY Ink has asked me to be on their show and come to their shop. World famous Tim Hendricks will be doing a tattoo for me :) Google him, he's awesome! I have to admit I'm pretty darn stoked. I love my ink, and am excited and honored to be able to sport some of his work. Pics will follow soon. We leave out on next Wednesday and go for a couple of days. The show will film on Thursday, but I'm not sure when exactly it will air. I'll keep people posted when I can. My bestie Misty will once again be joining us on this trip. I'm so excited. Other than that, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) has a show called 'Found' and they are doing a documentary that will air at the first of the year. Part will be filmed at Envoy Medical, and part will be filmed at our place. They'll send film crews and basically film us for 2 days. Kind of like a 'day in the life of' thing. Not sure we can provide them with enough entertainment, but we'll manage. Oh who am I kidding?!? The Churman Circus is quite entertaining and I've joked for years that we'd make a great reality show ;) Sloan and I think that the days they come to film should just happen to fall on 'stall cleaning day' at the barn. Sounds good right? Ha. I've also been asked to speak at a couple of churches locally in the upcoming weeks, looking forward to that. Oh yeah, and a Canadian Accessible Media group is coming to film at the house next week as well. Just gotta keep telling myself "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!" Gonna ride this train 'til there's nowhere left to go and insurance companies are tired of hearing about it. Blessings to all.

6 comments:

  1. inspired by your video. thanks for sharing. http://bradh.us/n4AztW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this on YouTube and touching our hearts! Best of luck to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah!

    Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring video. I hope you don't mind-- I blogged about you on my site, http://www.somethinghopeful.com/. If there is anything you would like to change or if you would like to contact me, my email address is right there on my site. I hope it is okay...

    Your story is so touching and inspirational. I also put a link to your website here. Best of luck to you and thank you so much for your incredible inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hearing implant story is bullshit. no "deaf or hard of hearing person would ever been able to speak that quickly and with a voice that sounds like a full hearing persons voice. i cant wait till the deaf community comes down on you for this! you are a fraud. and you are going to hell for this.,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Kathleen. I'm sorry you feel this way. The deaf community has actually been very supportive for the most part. Please do your research before calling someone a fraud. That is hurtful and quite rude. I have experienced so many new things in the last 4 weeks since having been activated, nothing will ruin that joy for me. If you would speak to those in the deaf community, you would find that there are many others like myself who have worked hard, attended speech therapy, deaf school, etc. and can for the most part function and speak just fine. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry that you have to read things like what Kathleen posted. I have an aunt who has been deaf all of her life. She has hearing aids, but she mainly reads lips. She speaks very well, though some things don't sound as clear as those of us who hear naturally. She does so well that I was maybe 10 years old before I realized she was deaf!

    ReplyDelete